2023-2024 School Year
The Barstow School of Kansas City, Missouri is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable and passionate individual for a middle and upper school mathematics faculty position. Reporting to the Director of Middle & Upper School, this faculty member teaches daily mathematics coursework seeing each class three times weekly in a modified block daily schedule. A successful applicant will have significant education experience and the ability to adapt to a quickly evolving dynamic school on multiple campuses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan and execute daily lessons for middle & upper school mathematics classes.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents and school community members through both written and spoken communication.
- Manage grading, assignments and feedback using the school’s learning management system and a variety of technology-infused tools.
- Welcome the opportunity to utilize multiple school campuses, the main campus, along with IDEA Space, Barstow’s new and innovative STEAM center.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & NECESSARY SKILLS
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Significant experience teaching mathematics to middle or upper school students, preferably possessing knowledge of pre algebra through calculus and other advanced courses in an independent school setting.
- A bachelor's degree in mathematics or education, preferably a masters degree.
- Comfort using technology devices and web systems to inform instruction and perform job duties.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to express themselves effectively to community members.
- Willingness to be agile in planning, collaborative with other faculty members, and embrace the quickly evolving landscape of education in a non-traditional method.
ABOUT THE BARSTOW SCHOOL
Located in Kansas City, Missouri and founded in 1884, The Barstow School is a co-educational school where students in preschool through twelfth grade develop in a challenging educational community. As originally stated by Mary Louise Barstow, the objective of the school remains “to promote sound scholarship and to give symmetrical development to mind, body and character.”
The Barstow School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
This policy of nondiscrimination governs the hiring of employees as well and includes the administration of all benefits and policies throughout the term of employment.
ABOUT THE DAN AND CASSIDY TOWRISS IDEA SPACE
Powered by The Barstow School, The Dan and Cassidy Towriss IDEA Space is an innovative learning center where students and educators explore science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM)
through hands-on experiences. For more information contact: IDEA Space KC
ABOUT BARSTOW GLOBAL ONLINE
Barstow Global Online meets the growing demand for a non-traditional education and adds the proven value of a degree from The Barstow School. BGO is an accredited online school for students in