The Barstow School seeks to hire a full-time, year-round Admissions Administrative Assistant and Receptionist. The admissions assistant and front desk manager is the first point of contact for families inquiring about the school as well as the first and last point of contact for visitors. First impressions are crucial and it’s important this role helps foster a welcoming and inclusive environment and contributes to an efficient and family-centered admissions process.
The primary responsibilities of the Admissions Administrative Assistant are:
• Manage admissions data including inquiry data, spreadsheets and reporting, applicant files and related data, enrollment data, board reporting, etc. The admissions assistant will retrieve, input, analyze, and report on all admissions data and synthesize information to increase efficiency and conversion rates.
• Schedule events for the admissions office such as tours, visits, Open Houses, and other admissions events.
• Manage short term and long-term admissions calendars for the office and proactively plan ahead to optimize events’ reach, effectiveness, attendance, etc.
• Registrar duties, assist families when records must be sent out.
• Other admissions duties as assigned.
The primary responsibilities of the Receptionist are:
• Welcome all visitors to campus professionally and with enthusiasm;
• Ensure that all visitors adhere to safety protocols by monitoring front door entry system, and registering each guest in the visitor log;
• Answer all phone calls and connecting callers with the right department within the school;
• Manage the mail process for the school.
Essential Job Functions:
• Keep the Admissions office current with all inquiries and maintain organization for applicant families and events.
• Answer the telephone within the third ring and respond to inquiries about school activities or forward to the appropriate party;
• Greet visitors, sign in or out outside visitors and maintain security log;
• Prepare outgoing mail daily, sort incoming mail daily, manage the mail equipment, provide supplies and instructions for Fed Ex and UPS, prepare international mailings as needed;
• Assist visitor check in for events;
• Keep the reception and lobby areas orderly.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a Bachelor’s degree and previous experience in customer service and/or educational institution.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google and extremely proficient using spreadsheets
• Professional appearance and manner
• Outgoing/animated/confident personality
• Good communication skills, self-starter and motivated
• Courteous and helpful phone manner
• Good organizational skills
• Reliability – prompt and consistent
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a Barstow employment application to Rebecca Garry, Vice President, Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE BARSTOW SCHOOL
Located in Kansas City, Missouri and founded in 1884, The Barstow School is a co-educational school where students in preschool through twelfth grade develop in a challenging educational community. As originally stated by Mary Louise Barstow, the objective of the school remains “to promote sound scholarship and to give symmetrical development to mind, body and character.”
The Barstow School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
This policy of nondiscrimination governs the hiring of employees as well and includes the administration of all benefits and policies throughout the term of employment.