Advancement Administrative Assistant
The Barstow School Advancement Department is seeking a full-time year round Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative duties, assisting with daily office needs, and managing the donor database–Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
Reporting to The Barstow Fund Manager and Vice President of Advancement this position is a critical member of a high functioning Advancement Department and will assist in managing and promoting the goals and objects of the department including; annual fundraising, capital campaign fundraising, growth of the school's endowment, alumni relations, cultivation and maintenance of internal and external contacts.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities:
- Organize and schedule donor cultivation appointments
- Assists in proofreading all Advancement materials
- Provide general support to families, donors, and external partners
- Support and assist others in efforts to run effective and successful events and programs
Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database responsibilities:
- Entering new constituents and preserving the integrity of constituent records
- Processing of all donations; checks, credit cards, and wire transfers
- Responsible for preparing and sending tax receipts and thank you letters
- Updating and maintaining accurate donor contact information and data
- Generates address and email lists for advancements mailings and emails
- Preparation of regularly scheduled fundraising reports
Qualifications and skills:
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software or similar system
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- A fast learner, self-starter, detailed oriented and has good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends as warranted by meetings and events
- This position requires three or more years of experience in an administrative assistant role, fundraising, and development, or other related non-profit experience
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a Barstow Employment Application to Jennifer Dreiling, Vice President Advancement, at email@example.com.
About the Barstow School
Located in Kansas City, Missouri and founded in 1884, The Barstow School is a co-educational school where students in preschool through twelfth grade develop in a challenging educational community. As originally stated by Mary Louise Barstow, the objective of the school remains “to promote sound scholarship and to give symmetrical development to mind, body and character.”
The Barstow School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
This policy of nondiscrimination governs the hiring of employees as well and includes the administration of all benefits and policies throughout the term of employment.