May 2, 2022
The Barstow School is expanding its team of Marketing & Communication creators and collaborators. If you can tell a compelling story through graphic and digital design and you’re ready to contribute to multiple websites, social media channels, newsletters and marketing campaigns in a fast-paced (and fun) environment, apply today.
You’ll be a key member of a team that manages marketing campaigns and multiple websites for The Barstow School, our global programs and the Dan & Cassidy Towriss IDEA Space KC, opening this summer. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Communication and provide primary support to the Director of Publications designing web pages, brochures, logos, signs, annual reports, marketing materials and other communications. We’re looking for a partner ready to take on a broad range of projects with creativity and enthusiasm.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in marketing with an emphasis on graphic design and website management.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with a variety of school constituents.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills; working knowledge of AP Style preferred.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated proficiency using Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Content development and design skills for social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Video production, editing and photography skills a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace or similar project management system preferred.
- Portfolio of professional creative work for digital or print.
- Regularly audit and update website(s).
- Contribute to marketing collateral design and production.
- Support members of the Communication & Marketing team as needed.
- Occasional weekend and evening assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a Barstow Employment Application to Lisa Tulp, Director of Marketing & Communication at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE BARSTOW SCHOOL
Located in Kansas City, Missouri and founded in 1884, The Barstow School is a co-educational school where students in preschool through twelfth grade develop in a challenging educational community. As originally stated by Mary Louise Barstow, the objective of the school remains “to promote sound scholarship and to give symmetrical development to mind, body and character.”
The Barstow School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
This policy of nondiscrimination governs the hiring of employees as well and includes the administration of all benefits and policies throughout the term of employment.