COVID-19 Health & Safety Procedures
Overview of General Protocols
- The Barstow School campus will operate under current social distancing guidelines, inside and outdoors.
- Campus is zoned for preschool-kindergarten, grades 1-3, and grades 4-8 to occupy separate areas of the school.
- Masks must be worn on campus, with the exception of outdoor sports camps.
- Campers will have assigned seats in each camp.
- Campers’ desks and chairs will be sanitized daily after each camp ends and prior to a new camper using that desk or chair.
- Sanitizing stations available for use by campers and employees.
- Campus will be cleaned and sanitized nightly.
- Campers and Barstow employees only will be allowed inside the building during camp hours (7 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- Field trips will proceed as planned under social distancing guidelines.
- Campers or employees may be asked to quarantine for up to 14 days, if they are known to have had direct exposure to a person with COVID-19.
- All theatre performances will be broadcast via Zoom directly to parents.
- Families will receive a weekly email with health and safety protocols and other camp information.
- Every student must bring a backpack, a cold lunch with a cold pack and a water bottle. Microwave or refrigeration will not be provided.
- Morning Adult Workouts:
- Adults must wear masks to enter the building.
- Mask may be removed during workouts
- Evening Camps: Masks required indoors.
- Adult Kickball league: Masks are not mandatory.
- Youth Soccer league:
- Masks must be worn while a player is on the bench.
- While playing in the game, masks are not mandatory.
- Adult Pickleball league:Masks are not mandatory
Masks are encouraged for outdoor adult activities. They are not mandatory.
- Use specific entrances for preschool-kindergarten, grades 1-3 and grades 4-8 during curbside dropoff.
- Student drop-off map will be emailed to families.
- Students will be accompanied by teachers or teacher’s assistants (TAs) to their camps once inside the building.
Dismissal (Noon and 3:45)
- Preschool-kindergarten curbside pickup is located in back of the building in parking lot D.
- Grades 1-8 parents park and walk to pick up campers from middle school soccer field.
- Camps will be socially distanced and organized alphabetically with signage. Refer to weekly email for pickup map.
- In the event of inclement weather, dismissal process will be curbside pickup.
- Lunch and snacks will not be provided by Summer at Barstow. All food must be brought from home. Refrigeration and microwaves will not be available.
If you have already signed up and paid for the lunch option, your refund is currently in process. You will receive correspondence regarding your refund within the next 30 days.
Transition from AM to PM Camps (11:50 a.m.)
- Campers will be walked in groups of 2-3 from AM camps to PM camps by TAs; teachers remain in classrooms.
- Teachers will have access to rosters with PM camp information for each student.
- Students will eat lunch in their PM camp classroom.
- Socially distancing guidelines remain in place.
- The Extended Care phone number is 816-277-0408.
- AM: Arrive and call the Extended Care number. A staff member will walk to your vehicle and walk your student into the building.
- PM: Arrive and call the Extended Care number. A staff member will walk your student to your vehicle.
- Subject to change based on scheduled destination’s adherence to social distancing guidelines.
- Please monitor email for most up-to-date information regarding field trip camps.